Saturday, September 27, 2008

Me and My Big Mouth!

First of all(tired tho I am of giving intros to my seniors at univ!)let me give my intro... I m Shree- born n brought up in India, and currently a student in Singapore ....typical nerd... well, almost, coz since 2 years I have become a gr8 fan of Iron Maiden....hence the 'iron' in the name....and abt the 'blood'- well everything doesn't have to make sense right?

Frankly, lotta things dont make sense. Why do people believe u if u say there's a billion stars in the sky, but not if u tell them that the bench they r planning to sit on has wet paint? Why is it that people press elevator call buttons repeatedly when all the buttons do is to call the lift and not control its speed? Why do people go to watch run-of-the-mill Bollywood movies and waste their money on it? There are a lot of things that I never quite understand.....especially if it is to do with girls....well, that's entirely a different issue.... I doubt if even Freud could give a rational explanation for that! But anyway, that's digressin frm the topic...

So, the point is, how does the world still work, if there is such a lot of nonsense? Well, the most important reason is that this random noise in the bandwidth of humans is really a small part of it...most humans are rational and speak and act coherently... which is why I can write and post this article, and also why u are actually reading this be4 denouncing it as junk outright.... it is precisely this , how shall we say, 'power', that differentiates us from other life forms....the endless avenues of thought... the ability to think....to act in a rational way.... that is what enables us to further knowledge, to achieve progress, to innovate and to work for the greater good....

Oh well that's enough nonsense to begin with... started with an intro, showed u how there is a lotta nonsense and then showed how it isnt really that much, instead of going ahead with my intro. I know that most of u would be cursing me for ever bothering to put up this article and causing a large amt of frustration to people who've never caused me any harm... but just grin and bear it.....coz there's more to come...........

Remember : "The light at the end of the tunnel might be that of an oncoming train!"

No comments: